Friday, July 18, 2014

Big Girl Myths

I have heard a series of idiotic crap about big girls throughout the years, I usually try not to remember the mean things but you know what, sometimes what hurts you only make you fiercer. So I use it as my fuel, all this sexiness has to come from somewhere doesn’t it.
Big girls are easy. I beg to differ, desperate girls are easy, big girls are just voluptuously fat. I don’t know why people always think plus size women are easy to get in bed. Promiscuity has no logical relationship to size. I just don’t get it. Maybe, just maybe, someone sleeps around because they like it, or have self-esteem issues.
Big girls stink. OK we shower, like everyone, with soap and water, we shampoo our hair, we wear perfume. I mean come on! We even lift the rolls to rub soap under them.
Big girls can’t wear heels. Just visit my closet. It’s just a matter of being comfortable in the shoes you wear. I know plenty skinny girls who walk barefoot around the club while I still have my heels on.
Big girls have illnesses. By that they usually mean diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol and the others. While it has been scientifically proven that obesity does generate some of these illnesses, it doesn’t mean that we automatically have them. I am proud to say I don’t have any of them. To quote my doctor, I am the healthiest fat person he has met. So don’t assume. An illness is an unfortunate thing people, fat or skinny, may have to endure.
Big girls don’t work out. There is a reason you don’t see us at the gym, it’s because of all the skinny, skin and bones chicks that are at the gym, complaining about how big their thighs are, or how they had a bite of chocolate today so they have to run an extra hour on the treadmill. It makes us uncomfortable. Our fat will jiggle, and we probably won’t do the moves right. That place makes us vulnerable; we can’t help it, so adding judgmental shallow people to the mix is a recipe for failure. But we do do other things, for example I dance and if I may say I am very good at it.
Big girls can cook. Ask my husband, I can burn the house down trying to make eggs. So y’all just think that we cook to eat hence why we are big? Well I can’t cook, I am not even interested in learning how to.
These are a few of the things I’ve heard before that pop to my mind. People rarely think about the impact of the crap they say; they fail to remember that your size doesn’t remove your feelings. Some of the things people say can be so mean and hurtful but they say them regardless. And some girls, fat or skinny, can be so crushed when they hear these things.
Now next time you want to make a joke about a girl being fat, or even if it isn’t a joke, think twice, we already have it hard finding clothes or fitting in  airplane seats (a whole other story that I will probably share too); just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Until next time my fellow fatties, friends and readers (you too haters, I know y’all can’t help but secretly read). Stay fabulous! #teamsexypatate


1 comment: