Tuesday, August 5, 2014

what doesn't kill you ...

Humiliation… I went through my share of that having been heavier all my life. People sometimes fail to realize that a simple comment can be mortifying. Eventually you learn not to let others words affect you but sometimes it goes beyond regular words.
I’m sure I’ll find a few patates that can relate to this; ever been on a plane and it’s all boarded and you are struggling to fasten your seatbelt and that damn stewardess comes and goes all loud : “oh hun, it’s not gonna fit, you need an extension”… yep happened to me a few times before I lost 130lbs. I swear I felt like I won the war the day I got up on a plane and not only fasten my seatbelt but tightened it too!!!
I remember once this guy wasn’t fitting in his sit, the flight attendant with an attitude said “Sir, you need to purchase another seat but this flight is full so you are going to have to go to the gate to be put on the next one” I get it, some people are big, and your damn seats can’t accommodate everyone but hotdamn! Can you call the guy to the side to tell him? Does the entire plane need to know that he cannot fit your standard seat? Common’ some compassion never killed anyone. How about having passengers input their size while buying your stupid tickets, maybe then we would know how many seats to pay for.
Another good example: ever been to the amusement park with a group of friends and/or family. There is this super exciting ride you’ve spotted from the parking lot, you all are hyped and ready to get on it, you get to the front of the line and… the attendant says “sorry there is a 200lbs limit for this ride” and when your face indicates you are going to argue he says “we have a scale if you’d like to step on it”. I’m not even lying here, it really happened to me, and a dear friend of mine (who told me the other day to please share this on the blog). Now how do you think we feel, I mean, I get it, it is a security measure, and your rides have a weight limit they can hold. How about you tell me before I pay at the entrance that I won’t be a able to ride most of the attractions or that people over 200lbs are not allowed in your damn park. Save me the embarrassment please.
We live in a funny world where most of the population is overweight yet standard size hasn’t changed, it is still itsy bitsy tiny. I know that feelings are not what people think about when setting rules and directions, but wouldn’t the world be a better place if people just took the time to try to not offend the majority of people?


Now, next time one of you Sexy Patates encounter yourselves in similar situations, just remember, if it doesn’t kill you, it only makes you stronger (more fierce and gorgeous also)
Until next time my fellow fatties, friends and readers (you too haters, I know y’all can’t help but secretly read). Stay fabulous! #teamsexypatate

No comments:

Post a Comment